default_mobilelogo

Welcome to EasyDiscuss BH Forums

VISIT FROM HIGHCLERE

‚ÄčThe first written records of the Highclere estate date back to 749 when an Anglo-Saxon King granted the estate to the Bishops of Winchester. Bishop William of Wykeham built a beautiful medieval palace and gardens in the park. Later on, the palace was rebuilt as Highclere Place House in 1679 when it was purchased by Sir Robert Sawyer, the direct ancestor of the current Earl of Carnarvon. In 1842, Sir Charles Barry, who also designed the Houses of...

Continue reading
  529 Hits